Julia Martin Law Provides Expert Legal Services in Ontario
- Representing regulated professionals in registration matters, complaints cases, professional discipline hearings, fitness to practise hearings, during investigations and in responding to Registrar’s Reports
- Providing advice to regulated professionals about compliance with legislation and regulations
- Prosecuting regulated professionals
- Providing legal advice to regulators and associations
Legal Advice for Regulated Health Professionals
Legal advice to all regulated health professionals including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dental hygienists, doctors, dietitians, psychologists, dentists, denturists, nurses, psychotherapists, veterinarians, naturopaths, chinese medical doctors, massage therapists, opticians, speech pathologists and audiologists in all dealings with their Colleges including:
- Registration matters
- Responses to complaints to the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee (ICRC)
- Responses to Registrar’s Reports
- Advice during investigations
- Discipline cases
- Fitness to practise cases
- Compliance with College regulations
Legal Advice for Other Regulated Professionals
Legal advice to other regulated professionals such as social workers, lawyers, engineers, accountants and trustees in bankruptcy in dealing with their regulators including discipline cases.
Legal Advice for Professional Associations & Regulators
General legal advice to professional associations on all aspects of their mandate including: bylaws, codes of ethics, disciplinary processes, standards and requirements for membership, legislation and regulations, and issues arising from the regulation of the professions.
General legal advice to professional regulators on all aspects of their mandate including: advice to various committees, disciplinary and fitness to practise prosecutions, independent legal advice to committees during hearings, and advice on legislative and regulatory changes.
Health Law Advice
Advice to clinic owners regarding compliance with the law and working with multi-disciplinary teams.
Research, writing and speaking on health law topics.